22 February, 2008

Baliriffic ...

Bali: 12 - 18 February
It took a bit of convincing, and I do mean a 'bit' (as in little), to convince Ryan to drop his plans of going to Malacca and to roll out with me to Bali to meet up with Dwight and Jarno (the Hawaiin, guy from the Pacific Northwest and the Finnish jigalow respectively). After nearly missing our flight out of KL and then waiting 7 long hours in Jakarta for the second leg of the trip, we made it to Bali.

After finding a place, Ryan and I set out on a two part mission: procure a chilled beverage and find Dwight and Jarno. Both proved quite easy. There are Circle K's, Mini Marts and the like lining the streets of Kuta Beach and therefore my throat was never dry. After walking around a bit with no luck of finding the others, I spotted Jarno's mane blowing in the wind ... needless to say, another insane night ensued.

Outside of the party scene, oh and there was a party scene, Bali was amazing. We motorbiked around the island for 3 days, Ryan and I made a trip to Ubud to see the monkey forest (no, I did not get bit this time) and I solidified 4 good facebook friends (I'm kidding, they are in fact real friends). I even had a romance that I cannot shake and nor do I want to. It's amazing that despite people's different histories, social norms and respective realities that two strangers can come together and just 'click' ... and that's what happened. As I sit here in Singapore, I cannot help but smile. This is my life and well, to use my own words, I'm owning it. Although I say this is my life, make no mistake about it, you have all contributed greatly and I am but the product of all the goodwill, hope and support that you have bestowed upon me. Without you, all of you, this experience - this life, this story, this journey - would not be possible. My heart is with you all.

Much love,

- Ardeshir

No comments: