19 May, 2008

Hi

I arrived in Hue yesterday afternoon after four insane nights in Hoi An that I dare not recount on the web. The only thing that I can say to best describe the events, sights and sounds is 'insanity'.

At current I do not feel like telling a story or describing the places where I've been recently. This is merely to serve as an update and the longer I spend in front of the computer, the more I prolong my inevitable lounging at the Bia 33 stands where to my benefit, no 'whitey' goes.

Update: I have 11 days left before my flight to San Francisco where quite a trial awaits me ... readjusting to a life that I once found familiar. Believe me, I am looking forward to more consitency in my life outside of bus rides and alcohol consumption, but as soon as I step on that plane, this chapter of my life is over. Bittersweet.

As for now though, I have one more night in Hue and tomorrow I catch a nightbus to Nim Binh(sp?), a place that has been described to me as Halong Bay with rice paddies. After motorbiking there for the day I'll catch the last local bus to Hanoi and start figuring out my schedule for my last few days in Vietnam before I head back to the BKK on the 3rd for a bit of shopping and luckily, a reunion with the one, the only, Hawaiin Ryan. Lastly, at 1:30 PM (local time) on the 5th I will be leaving on a jet plane to my favorite city by the bay where, as I said earlier, another journey awaits me.

No comments: